- Art & Practice of Happiness: 5-week Course on Lovingkindness and Compassion with Janka Livoncova
Five Tuesdays on Zoom: 1/10, 1/17, 1/21, 1/28 & 2/7 2023 from 6 pm to 7:30 pm ET
Fee: $25 non-refundable registration fee + dana*
Suggested dana: $85-$135
This 5-week course will focus on the practices of Lovingkindness and Compassion. All of these practices strengthen self-confidence, self-acceptance and steadiness of mind and heart, revealing our fundamental kindness. Practices of lovingkindness and compassion allow us to keep our hearts open in moments of struggle and suffering, while mindfulness allows us to see clearly our experience, discern options and make wise choices.
You will learn the formal meditation practices that develop these qualities and their practical applications in your relationships with yourself, others and the rest of your life.
Each class will include guided meditations, experiential exercises, instructive talks and a group discussion. Every week you will receive homework suggestions to help you incorporate and skillfully apply the teachings and practices covered in the class into your daily life. Once the class starts you will receive access to the dedicated learning platform containing home practice materials including downloadable guided meditations and written handouts.
It is recommended that the participants have completed Mindfulness 101, MBSR 8-week Course and/or have a regular personal meditation practice prior to attending this offering.
How to register:
1. Please email CIMC registrar Jann Sullivan.
2. She will email you our registration form.
3. Pay your registration fee here and email filled out registration form back to her. When paying registration fee please make a note 'Happiness Course' so we can tract your payment.
4. This course is offered freely. You will have an opportunity to offer dana to the teacher at the end of the course. When doing so please make a note 'Happiness Course' so we can tract your dana. You can offer dana here.
*Dana, or generosity and giving, is an expression of gratitude and it is the heart and foundation of the Buddhist path. The Buddha taught generosity as a means for liberating our hearts, transforming clinging and encouraging non-attachment.
Janka is dedicated to offering the teachings, and her guidance freely. What this means is that she receives no compensation for teaching this course and relies instead on the generosity of course participants. There will be an opportunity to offer dana to Janka at the end of the course.
Full scholarships are available for those in need. Please email Janka to apply.
- The next Mindfulness 201 Course will be offered in the spring of 2023.
Sign up for our newsletter below or email us if you are interested in receiving more information.
Stay in Touch
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay informed on our monthly schedule, special events and workshops.